Not only does opportunity bring change, as you read in the last post in this series, but change brings opportunity to you.
You enter that growing circle of opportunity brings change brings opportunity.
Drawbacks to change
Too often when you’re dealing with change, you have too many distractions while you’re adjusting to recognize how many new opportunities are opening up for you. Being aware that this is going to occur is part of your preparation for change. Know that you not only have to adjust to the changes but that now is the time to keep yourself open to new opportunities that are arising.
Preparation when change brings opportunity
The person who is aware of this often has a chance to take advantage of the opportunities that come along with the change. Small things may end up being important over time. A quick evaluation if you’re offered choices of office space may put you near someone who can help you advance in your career. Where most would opt for the office with the window and view, if you are aware of possible opportunities, you look into who is near each office. Yes, that office over in the dark, windowless corner doesn’t look all that good, but it’s right across the corridor from the Vice President’s office. Guess who will be handy when special assignments need doing. And who is going to get noticed more often?
How do I prepare to recognize new opportunities?
You already have the tools to use if you did the free “Exploring Your Opportunities” worksheets from the beginning. Time to take them out and use them again.
Go through that list of preparations you did to bring about this change when you responded to this last opportunity. Each area that resulted in change may also be an area that opens you up to new opportunities.
A quick list of possibilities where change brings opportunity.
- You told your Mom about the change and she mentions it at her club meeting and someone there knows someone who will be your supervisor or boss and puts in a word about you.
- You had to take a course to get this new position, and now you have qualified not only for this opportunity but for many others.
- The Opportunity required a move to a new location. Suddenly you realize that the company you have dreamed of working for has main offices right down the street from your new job.
- While shopping for new clothes or a uniform you need, you meet someone that becomes a new friend. That friend introduces you to another who is looking for someone with your specific skills.
- You have a new apartment and while doing laundry one day, you find out that many of the occupants work for XYZ company that has just been looking to fill a position that you would love to have.
You realize that you are moving forward by leaps and bounds and your life is no longer in a rut.
Today’s Call to Action
Be aware that every time something changes in your life, new opportunities are arising.
- Keep using those initial tools so that you keep yourself aware of any and all new opportunities around you.
- Make it a point to meet new people in every change that comes into your life.
- Make the internet a common place when you go to fill in gaps of knowledge you need when you have changed.
- Be ready and open to open the door when that next opportunity comes to call.
- Rejoice that you are more and more in control of your life each and every day.
Scripture for today:
“I have come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Sign up for your free e-book
"Keys to Finding Your Opportunities"