If you’ve done the “Exploring Your Opportunities” free email course or if you are already aware that you have opportunities, you realize that opportunity brings change.
Change can be frightening
- What do you do when you receive an offer for an opportunity that you really want, yet something is holding you back?
- Do you find yourself making excuses for why you can’t avail yourself to move forward now?
- Are you keeping this opportunity to yourself because you don’t really want to face the change(s) that it will require you make?
- Finally, do you wonder if you can really do the changes that this opportunity you’ve waited for will make in your life?
You are normal!
I have to tell you. What you are feeling is normal. That’s how most of us react to anything that causes us to change.
If you read the “About Nana” page, you’ll know that Nana is an “Opportunity Junkie”. I am one of those rare people who jump at almost every opportunity that comes along, especially if it means I’m going to learn something new.
How do I do this? Many, many years ago, I read a book by Norman Vincent Peale called “The Power of Positive Thinking”. The book is now out of print but used copies are still available. If you haven’t read it recently I do recommend you get a copy of it. Next, to my BIBLE, this book gives me great guidance and confidence. And yes, this is an affiliate link and I will be getting a small commission if you buy it through the link.
Learning the positive affirmations in this book will keep you going forward. Opportunity brings change and you will be ready when it comes.
Faced with an opportunity you wish to embrace?Put those “I can’t”s and “I shouldn’t”s in a rubbish bag & dump it!
Prepare when Opportunity Brings Change
Now is the time to make sure you have your ‘Pennypocket’. Look at all the things you need to do before you can take advantage of this opportunity. List them all down. Pick up the free worksheet here to help you get started. And think over some of the questions here and on the worksheet that needs to be addressed.
- Does it affect others besides yourself?
- Who will it affect?
- How will you handle that?
- Is it going to require a financial expenditure?
- Do you have that available?
- If not, how can you raise the capital needed?
- Will I need new clothes to do this?
- Is moving necessary to do this? What does that entail?
- Do I need to sell a house? Cancel a rental agreement? Find new living arrangements?
- How soon will this happen?
Now, you get the idea. These aren’t complaints or excuses. You are done with those. Finally, you’re onto preparation. It’s time to look at what you need to prepare for the opportunity waiting for you.
You can do this. This opportunity is now owned by you. And now you’re ready. It’s time you are prepared to step forward and open that door. Just make sure you have your “penny pocket” ready.
Scripture verse for today:
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Love, Hugs, and Prayers,